Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On the Road Again

6.5k 36:11. HR Avg 132 Max 143 Avg Pace 5:34
Course: Gap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 5:10 pm Temp 24C.
Session Type: Easy Run

At last a session that I would call a run. A very easy run but a run none the less.

Thanks for all the kind comments and concern shown after I pulled out of Canberra. That weekend was tough. I am at complete ease about pulling out of the race. It just would not have been possible for me to have run even a couple of K on that day. But I certainly have a few regrets about not going down there just to be part of the atmosphere.

But that is behind me. My rehab has consisted of stretching, isometric strengthening exercises,walking, sessions on the gym bike and then the treadmill. On Monday I manage 25 minutes on the treadmill at 7m/K without any after effects, so I thought it was safe to try a real run tonight.

Started out really slow, and picked the pace up as I went (I thought at least). When I got home and downloaded from my watch I was surprised that the out half had been quicker than the back half. I am still very wary of the leg but there was no acute twinges at all. Hopefully I will pull up OK. I will take it easy for another couple of weeks and reassess my race goals then. Am mindful that 25% of hamstring injuries reoccur within a month.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home