Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday - where did the cool change go?

9.5k 47:09. HR Avg 138 Max 149 Avg Pace 4:57
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:05 pm Temp 26C.
Session Type: Easy Run

I am again getting the feeling that my body is fighting off the sickness all around me. Kewell still has a bad cough which he has had for over two weeks. Ducky has joined Dory with running noses and sore throats. I'm downing plenty of Vit C hoping to keep it at bay.

Thursday night, I played it safe and only did a 20 minute easy run (Hr 130) instead of my planned hard session.

Tonight, I also just did an easy run. It has been certainly cooler in the morning this week, but when I left work to start my run I was suprised how warm it was. I later found it had been up to 33C and it was 26C when I set off. The avg pace of 4:57 @ Hr 138 is pleasing.

4 Comments:

  • At Sat Mar 31, 06:34:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Hope the cool weather in Canberra isn't too much of a shock to the system!

     
  • At Sat Mar 31, 07:21:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    You'll be pleased to hear it was absolutely perfect for running this morning (Saturday). About 5 to 15, sunny and still, low humidity :)

    Maybe bring your throw-away jumper for the first 10k ;)

     
  • At Sat Mar 31, 08:28:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    You're trying to fight the sickness around you. I'm trying to find the sickness in me....on antibiotics now for infected sinuses :-(

     
  • At Mon Apr 02, 08:56:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm sorry. i was looking in your direction and the rays from my aura were heating up the city. hate it when that happens.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home