Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday - New MPB

18.8k 1:39:17 HR Avg 143 Max 153 Avg Pace 5:16
Course: Work to Goodwill Bridge and Back.
Start Time: 5:50 pm Temp 26C.
Session Type: Sub 72%MxHR Easy Run


Today was my lunch time Pilates class. After last week the DOMs really set in on the Friday and lasted till Sunday. Hopefully it won't be as bad after this session.


Tonight was my mid-week longer run to the Goodwill Bridge. Not quite as hot as last night but a bit more humid. Plan was to take it easy, so it wouldn't be as taxing as last night's run was. Felt like I was cruising pretty nicely all the way. Was a bit disappointed to find my time of 1:39:17 at HR 143 was slower than last week by a minute and a half but also done at at higher HR compared to the HR 137 last week. Guess the humidity saps you more than you think.


The good news is I have a new MPB (Monthly PB). 346.1K for February which beats last month's 341K. Not a bad effort for a short month. With more of a focus on lifting the pace in March, I suspect it is safe for a few months.


For those who followed the MPB link, there is a tenuous connection. I have a superb compilation album on my music player called Tropicalia which features Brazilian artists from this period in the late 60s and I have been listening to it a lot over the last month. Imagine Sgt Peppers with a bossa nova backing and you get the picture.


5 Comments:

  • At Thu Mar 01, 09:14:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    The humidity really has been a killer in the last few days. I was thinking of using it as an excuse for my lack-lustre session this morn, but instead I think I'll blame it on the bossa nova.

     
  • At Thu Mar 01, 04:20:00 pm AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    That is a massive effort Graeme. Well done on the monthly k's. I guess that means you have one hell of a pb coming up at Canberra.

     
  • At Thu Mar 01, 07:23:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Any chance that compilation goes for six hours?

    Great 'other' MPB Robert. I hope you can keep it ticking over for the next 4 weeks.

     
  • At Fri Mar 02, 11:19:00 am AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    Great mileage mate - well done. will all come together for you at Canberra for sure. Noticing the humidity as well - i wonder if we have all increased our water intake to match??

     
  • At Fri Mar 02, 03:50:00 pm AEST, Blogger Mat said…

    Well done. That's a massive amount of k's for one month!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home