Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tuesday - the heat is on

14.6k 1:08:33. HR Avg 153 Max 162 Avg Pace 4:41
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 5:45 pm Temp 27C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

I'll answer some recent comments first.

Bluesbuffet asked if I sprinted the last 50m to get my even splits. The simple answer is no. I only ever sprint at the end of a run if it is a race. I would never do it in training. The other problem I would have in manufacturing an even split is my sight is not so good without my glasses and as I run without them and if the light is not good then I can't even read my watch. I tend to pay a lot more attention to my HR than time anyway. For instance tonight I wanted to keep at about HR155. By the last few Ks, it was dark (no daylight saving in Qld) so I couldn't tell whether I was going HR155 or 165. I have to wait and see when I download the details from my watch.

Tesso - yes I'm off the grog till 67kg. You know what they say "If you are boozin', you're losing". I can't go without my music though. It is hard to imagine JD being a couple of kilos less than me though.


With only a few days to go till the official end of summer, tonight was one of the hotter runs this year. It was a little slower than last week's session (12 seconds) but considering the conditions and the Avg HR was less by 3bpm, I am kind of happy.
Out in 33:19 (HR 150) and I'll be back when it gets cooler!

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Feb 28, 01:31:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Gee, if I had to lose a couple of kgs before I could have a wine I'd just give up eating :-)

     
  • At Wed Feb 28, 03:48:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Don't lose too much weight Graham - you'll have to get new elastic in your shorts.

    As 2P is paying me in beers, I can't stop boozin'!

     
  • At Fri Mar 02, 01:47:00 pm AEST, Blogger plu said…

    I tried the off the grog thing till a cetain weight. That was 20 months ago. I ahve got from 83-85kgs to 78-80kg but have stalled. I ahve substituted sugar based drinks!

    You are pretty light now.

    cheers Plu

     

Post a Comment

<< Home