Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tuesday - Not Fragile


14.6k 1:16:41. HR Avg 135 Max 144 Avg Pace 5:15
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 5:35 pm Temp 24C.
Session Type: Sub 72%MxHR Easy Run

Wanted tonight's run to be at HR 135 and manage to be spot on. Out in 37:15 (HR 135) and back in 39:26 (HR 134). Again the weather was much kinder and this type of run is becoming very easy for me.

Tesso gave me a compilation CD on Sunday and I put in the CD player that morning but as usual post-run on a Sunday, I quickly fell asleep and only heard the first track.
So today I loaded it onto my music player and listened to it tonight. No chance of falling asleep. Lots of quirky independent tracks. Although BTO's "Takin care of Business" is a bit of the odd man out. She knows how to pick them though as they were my favourite metal band when I went through my head-banging phase as a youngster. Must get out "Not Fragile" and give it a spin.

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Feb 07, 07:51:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Glad you enjoyed BTO :-) I hadn't heard it for years until a recent visit to Sydney. I was in a taxi and it came on the radio. The Chinese driver turned up the volume and started singing away at the top of his voice, I couldn't help but bop along. It was a hoot!

     
  • At Wed Feb 07, 07:39:00 pm AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Yes Robert

    You can't go wrong with Tesso's recommendations, She got great taste in music.

    You look to be in good shape and primed for some good times in the autumn.

     
  • At Wed Feb 07, 09:11:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    When I hear 'You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet' I always think of this JJJ quiz question to name any songs with stuttering in them!

     
  • At Thu Feb 08, 12:10:00 pm AEST, Blogger Mat said…

    The title track from this BTO album is great too. I remember listening to it when I was a kid.

    It went something like...
    naw, naw, naw, naw, naw, now, now, now, Not Fragile, naw, naw, naw, naw, naw, now, now, now, now

     

Post a Comment

<< Home