Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wednesday - Rain Hail or Shine

3.0k 16:25. HR Avg 141 Max 153 Avg Pace 5:28
Course: Tilquin St Circuit.
Start Time: 6:45 pm Temp 28C.
Session Type: Easy Run

It was a wild day today. A massive storm blew in around luchtime. Lots of rain and hail. It also cooled things down for a while dropping the temperature from 29 to 19C.

But by 6:00pm it was back up to 29C again and with lots of gusty wind. Got home rather late and just went out for an easy 3k run.

Now that I am back in base building phase, the one thing I like to have is consistency. I like to establish a weekly training pattern and know exactly what I will be doing on any day. I have not been able to get into any such pattern since the GC Marathon for one reason or another. And it doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon either. I turns out I am on a two week training course starting next Monday which will be held in the City. So I am not exactly sure when I am going to be able to fit the sessions in over that period. Guess I might have to become a morning person if that is possible.
Today I also had my regular checkup visit to the Doctor's and I have once again more things they want to chop out of my skin. He was keen to get them done asap so I will be getting that done as soon as the work training is finished. Earlier this year when I had similiar operations, I didn't run for six days afterwards. Here's hoping for a quickier turn around this time.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 18, 09:51:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    19C. Did you head out in a full tracksuit?

    We had 8C here. Light snow when I left home, but it didn't settle on the ground.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home