Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday - Fun Fun Fun

This was to be my 10k race for the year but I have erred on the side of caution and are taking things easy until I'm sure my calf is better. So no racing for me. An added side effect of the rest is that it is giving my right knee some time off as well and it is also feeling much better. It is just more of an annoyance than an injury and by itself would not stop me from doing anything.

So this left me with a free Sunday morning which I used to good advantage by going upto the school and having a good cricket session with Kewell in the nets. I rarely seem to get the time to play with him and it was great fun.

In the afternoon, I wiped the cobwebs off my mountain bike, blew up the tyres and went for a half hour ride. That was fun too. But not as much fun as a run would have been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home