Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday - Don't the sun look good today?

9.5k 50:18. HR Avg 139 Max 149 Avg Pace 5:17
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:35 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Easy Run

After yesterday's effort, it was just an easy recovery run tonight. Actually I was quite suprised that my legs pulled up so well after the race.

To answer some of the comments from yesterday.

ILT - HR 173 works out at 93% of my Max HR (186).

Scott - I was a long way from Ron Peters the winner in my age category. I don't know what time he did yesterday but he did a 10k time earlier this year that ranked him 7th in the world in the 50 - 55 age group for that distance. He is an awesome and inspirational runner.

As for my goal for the 10k race? I will be happy to go sub 42, but I would think 41 minutes may be close to where I get if I can get three weeks of good training in. If they happen to shorten the West End course, who knows sub 40 may be on the cards.

5 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 24, 05:46:00 am AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you need your own podcast show. combining songs with running. then you can tell your listeners who've downloaded you to some mp3-thing when to book it, when to go mellow. each show be a different length. i thin kyou should do it, but who am i to push a new time-consuming hobby on another...

    do it!

     
  • At Tue Oct 24, 08:10:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    But the rain is on its way ....

    Wonder if anyone will guess who your celebrity encounter was now :-)

     
  • At Tue Oct 24, 10:23:00 am AEST, Blogger R2B said…

    I reckon you can go sub 41!
    Well done at the 5k champs too that 20 anything is impressive for a bloke your age!

    R2B

     
  • At Tue Oct 24, 10:24:00 am AEST, Blogger R2B said…

    Oh yeah who is your celeb if its not the fuzzy hair dude?

     
  • At Tue Oct 24, 08:49:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Ah, the good old days of short 10k courses! Before all this AA-certified add % distance rubbish.

    Then, there's always the triathlon 10k course option - they're always short ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home