Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tuesday - Gym Bike Intervals

35:00. HR Avg 133 Max 160
Start Time: 5:45 pm.
Session Type: Gym Bike Intervals

Five minute warm up, followed by 5 sets of 4 minutes hard and one minute recovery, followed by 5 minutes warm down.

Boy was this a tough session. I was really sucking in the air at the end of each set. Cut the rest interval down tonight and by the end of the fourth set I was struggling, so allowed myself 2 minutes recovery before the last.

Finished off with weights and stretching.

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Oct 25, 12:36:00 am AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Robert

    I was shocked at the over 50 5K record of Ron Peters. It is certainly "inspiring." Has he been running as long as you? From what I know about fast "Masters" they seem to have started rather late in life, I'm hoping that is true cause I did too.

    Anyway try not to over do it in the gym save some for the 10K and all the best.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home