Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Tuesday - What is Important?

9.5k 48:41. HR Avg 140 Max 151 Avg Pace 5:07
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:25 pm Temp 21C.
Session Type: Easy Run

Another easy run. Still being very careful with my runs. I have yet to make a decision about Sunday's 10k. Will leave that till Saturday but am leaning on the side of conservatism. It took me too long to recover from the Gold Coast Marathon after running it with an injury to risk that amount of time off again.

I am also enjoying the easy runs. That is important to me, even if I am only out there turning the legs at a gentle pace.

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 08, 09:31:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    What a shame if you miss Sunday's race. Guess there's always the Christmas Eve 10k to have a bash at.

     
  • At Wed Nov 08, 03:42:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    My answer is that it's important not to get injured and to keep the training going. It's a tough decision, but as Tesso suggests, there are other 10k races.

     
  • At Wed Nov 08, 06:18:00 pm AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    Health and Family are important.
    Running is great, but you won't fall over without it.
    Actually, if you aggravate your injury, you may fall over doing it!

     
  • At Wed Nov 08, 07:08:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    Good question .... for me it is "manage the risk" .... i like what Paula Radcliffe has as a quote .... go out expecting to win and knowing you might not ... or something like that

     

Post a Comment

<< Home