Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday -The pull is in my muscle the ache is in my bones

6.8k 38:37:24. HR Avg 136 Max 144 Avg Pace 5:40
Course: Work to New Farm Park and Back.
Start Time: 5:45 pm Temp 21C.
Session Type: Easy Run

Back running at last. After my running home from work each day for three weeks, last weekend I gave myself the weekend off as I thought I had deserved it. For those who were following, I was getting very tired by the end of it all. Unfortunately while resting , I didn't feel any better. In fact I started to feel much worse. My chest was aching, my ribs,back and hips were aching and my stomach was churning. So I guess I had been fighting a virus of some sort. It all peaked last Tuesday when I just crashed and had a long sleep.

I slowily started to get better over the next few days but I still have some strange residual pains in my ribs and hip. It is almost like I have a broken rib in one spot. Which is funny because I have broken the rib in that spot twice in the last fifteen years. One of those times was while playing mixed netball! It may all be some kind of arthritic-type reaction to the virus.

Anyway, everything was a little tight starting out tonight but I just took it easy and things seemed to loosen up. It was good to get back out there and almost as good putting on my Skins afterwards. How quickly you forget how good they feel on.

Finished with some weights and stretching in the gym.

Good to see the Broncos get up on Friday. Now Tesso will have someone to cheer for next week. I had to watch the replay of the match, as The Qld Roar were playing that night. What an exciting action packed game it was too. The Roar absolutely dominated Adelaide, has 27 shots on goal but failed to get a goal. It will be a big Sunday next weekend. Firstly the Roar play Melbourne Victory in a top of the table A-League clash. It will finish just in time to switch over to the Broncos versus Melbourne Storm in the NRL final. Sadly the Lions missed finals football again this year but we still dine out on four grand final appearance in a row with 3 premierships. It will be a few more years still before we are back near the top there.

I am involved in a few tipping contests (besides the CoolRunning ones) that go under the Kylie banner. I won the Kylie World Cup Tipping earlier in the year. I have got away to a flying start in the K-League (ie A-League tipping) and I am leading. It is the second match day for the Kylie Champions League Tipping this week and I hope to go one step further and win this year after coming second earlier this year.

4 Comments:

  • At Tue Sept 26, 09:22:00 am AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    Great photo of you from the BRRC 25km club champs that the photographer had on display!

    Good to see you listening to your body and resting when needed.

    Now that you are coming back...what goals do you have or are you just building base for Canberra 2007?

     
  • At Tue Sept 26, 01:46:00 pm AEST, Blogger miners said…

    these nasty viruses are popping up everywhere in 2006 it seesms. Good resting strategy though mate - it can knock you around for a bit

     
  • At Tue Sept 26, 04:14:00 pm AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    I wondered if your song reference showed you to be a big Kylie fan... now I can Breathe more easily.
    Good luck to the Broncos on Sunday - I'm more concerned about getting the Weagles over the line.

    Hope you are fully recovered and back on the full-strength training soon.

     
  • At Tue Sept 26, 10:57:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Geeez, lucky you didn't have that when you had to run home from work!

    27 shots and no goals! They need more shooting practise.

    Go Storm! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home