Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, June 30, 2006

D Day

I have been able to walk around without any discomfort from my hamstring since Wednesday so it definitely is on the mend.

I have just come back from the Gym at work. I did a very gentle 20 minutes on the exercise bike. I then did some stretching and then did 5 minutes on the treadmill at around 7 m/Ks. At no point did I feel anything.

But if my hamstring has a noticeable reaction when I cool down after that amount of exercise, I would think that there will be no chance of me starting on Sunday. If there is no adverse reaction then I will take my chances and line up at the start and see what unfolds.

It obviously would have been better if all had gone well but I still feel there is room for improvement in my fitness and speed. So another year of training is going to get me in better shape and a better time than I could have got in this race, so looking at the big picture it is not really that important. On the small picture, it is dissappointing as it has been a focus since Gold Coast Half last year. It still may all come together by Sunday.

2 Comments:

  • At Fri June 30, 11:42:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Fingers crossed you'll be lining up on Sunday Robert Song. After following your journey all year it just won't seem right if you don't.

    Sending good thoughts your way.

    Hopefully see you on the weekend.

     
  • At Tue July 04, 08:36:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    you ran a marathon .... probably no your best but one hell of an effort all the same ... there is nothing soft about slugging it out when you aren't 100% .. i'm looking forward to seeing you line up again when you're ready

     

Post a Comment

<< Home