Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tuesday 9.5k @ HR 148 Pace 4:40

9.5k 44:26. HR Avg 148 Max 159 Avg Pace 4:40
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:35 pm Temp 22C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

After Sunday's run I have decided I probably need a few weeks of easy intensity running before starting on higher intensity training. This is to ensure that I have fully recovered from Canberra and now the Brisbane Half.

Actually I didn't feel too bad tonight and I seem to have pulled up OK after Sunday. Out in 22:25 (HR 142) and back in 22:01 (154).

I will try not to go much faster than this for a while. The downside of this change in plans is I will miss the 10k Handicap race at the BRRC on Sunday. I was looking forward to this event as I had such a fun run last year. But I really need a long slow run this weekend, so I will have to wait till September when the next handicap race is on. I was planning to go for a flat out 10k around this time, so it could be the ideal time to do it.

And for all those concerned, I did eventually find My Wife safe and well on Sunday.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home