Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tuesday Tilliquan Tempo 3k in 14:07

9.0k 47:57. HR Avg 153 Max 163
Course: Three laps Tilliquan St.
Start Time: 5:20 pm Temp 19C.
Session Type: Tempo Run

Something different tonight. Kewell wanted to go out for a run, so I agreed to go out with him. After he "beat" me last week he was pretty cocky and was going to run hard today and beat me again. He went out pretty quickly but I kept just in behind him. I thought he was going to blow up big time but it stuck at it all the way and he was puffing pretty hard come the bottom of the hill up to home. We raced up it and today I got there by a couple of meters but he really suprised me with the fight he put in up the hill. So we finished in 17:20 for the 3k course which is a great time for him. My Avg HR was 128.

I then went out and did another loop of the same course and came in at 14:07 (HR 153). The course has three short sharp hills and one long gentle climb. Suprised my HR was as low as that as I was putting in a fair effort and I am still not 100% over my cold .

I then did another loop as a warm down in 16:28 (HR 142).

3 Comments:

  • At Tue Apr 25, 10:30:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Hope you're 100% by Sunday. That way you can follow people all the way and then run them down in the final km just like you did in your last half that was a training run :-)

     
  • At Wed Apr 26, 05:39:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    That is a good time for a youngster - must have your genes.

    I'm 80% over mine - good enough to work but not good enough to train.

     
  • At Wed Apr 26, 09:14:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    good to see the fitness is still there ...... i wore a HR monitor on tuesday .... i'll post some details later.

    also good to see the variety in your run, perhaps you could call it the offspring fartlek

     

Post a Comment

<< Home