Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday Fartlek 8k

8.0k 43:50. Avg HR 128 Max 153
Course: The Gap.
Start Time: 5:35 pm Temp 19C.
Session Type: Fartlek

After my Tuesday run with Kewell, Ducky was keen to do the same thing tonight. So the first 3k was with her and we finished in 17:01. This was 19 seconds faster than Kewell did but Ducky was spent and couldn't belive he could have run that fast given he is six years younger than her and especially with ( and I quote her) " those short little legs of his". Ewen commented that Kewell must have my genes. Well as for body type, he got his mother's genes as he is really short like his sisters Dory and Delta. Ducky is much more my body type.

I then went for another lap and did this as fartlek, going strong up the hills and with a few sprints as well. This made a 14:49 lap.

As a warm down, I jogged up to the soccer fields and watched a litle of Kewell training before jogging back home. Kewell has started the season well and he has 3 goals in two matches.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home