Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, April 14, 2006

Friday Family Fun Run

3.0k 19:52. HR Avg 118 Max 148
Course: Around the Block.
Start Time: 5:45 pm Temp 23C.
Session Type: Recovery Run

First run since the Marathon. My legs seem to have lost all traces of soreness, so I felt it was time to ease back into it. I will be taking it very easy for the next week. My major achievement tonight was convincing My Wife, Ducky, Delta and Kewell to all join me for the run.

Ducky, Delta, My Wife, Kewell & Me at Start

Kewell and Delta treated it as a bit of a race. Kewell lead all the way and I joined him for the final sprint up the hill to our place. Damn the little guy was willing to put in more than me and pipped me by a half metre. My only consolation is that it took so much out of him, that he went to bed 40 minutes later. Delta was 11 seconds behind us and My Wife a further 36 seconds behind Delta. Ducky trailed off but she did turn around and do another lap which was good of her. Wouldn't it have been nice if Dory would have come too!

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Apr 15, 04:02:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    What fun! So Ducky did an extra lap - sounds like a marathoner or ultra runner in the making.

    One question, who's Dory???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home