Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Tag from Tesso

Here are my answers to 11 running questions:


1. What time of day do you run?

Usually after work around 5:00 pm to 5:30pm week days. I have been doing Long Runs on Sunday morning lately to get into race day practice but have been known to do them Fiday or Wednesday night.

2. What are your favourite runs?

I only run a few different courses but running from Newstead to the City by the river is lovely. Luckily 80% of my running is done there.

3. What is your favorite song to run to?

That's an impossible question to answer. So many favourites. I have been mostly listening to new music lately while running. I have found I can listen to any style and enjoy it.

4. What book are you reading at the moment?

"The Search for the Dice Man" by Luke Rhinehart.

5. When did you start running?

Initially in 1968 at high school. More details here if you are really interested. I have been meaning for a long time to update this with more details of my successful running days from 1982 - 1994.

6. What's your post-race/post-run ritual?

For long runs or races, I will have an Up & Go within 5 minutes of finishing. Then lots of Gatorade. I some stage afterwards I will put on some music, lie down on the couch and fall asleep.


7. What do you eat before you run?

I never eat before a training run. For a race I will have a light breakfast two to three hours before hand.

8. What's your favorite running accessory?

My Heart Rate Charts, closely followed by my Music Player. Although at this point in time, I don't wear my music player in races.

9. What's your motivation for running? (or why you first started running)

I like running and I like feeling fit.
I like preparing for a target race. It gives me a goal and adds purpose to my life.

10. What are your running shoes?

I have been using ASIC 2100s , now 2110s for the last four years. Just recently bought a pair of Kayanos.

11. What is your next running goal?

Gold Coast Marathon 2006. My aim is 3:16.


I now tag Eddie.

6 Comments:

  • At Sun Apr 16, 09:42:00 am AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Sun Apr 16, 09:43:00 am AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    How did you decide on 3:16? Good luck with that one, I'm sure you can do it.

    I hope you enjoyed the run with family on Friday. I'm already working on the kids entering the 4K at Gold Coast.

     
  • At Sun Apr 16, 06:36:00 pm AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    It was easier when my son WAS 8 - beat him easily. If he took things a little more seriously (sport, school) he'd excel. Content to cruise and do acceptably.....

    sounds a little like the Python Four Yorkshireman sketch : "I used to sleep in a box in middle of road " "cardboard box?" "aye" "you were lucky!"

    Is the GCM fairly flat? GoGirl is training for it, so I'm trying to predict her finish time.

    No update on the Son Of Bob song's blog?
    How's your knowledge of Australian rock/pop from 60s through 80s?

     
  • At Sun Apr 16, 07:27:00 pm AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    GR

    I have Hollywood Bowl on video, and want to replace it on DVD (region 4). I've got all the movies - waiting for the complete series to be released on region 4 (includes Hollywood bowl)

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009XRZ92/qid=1145179312/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-2657315-2932056?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

     
  • At Sun Apr 16, 07:34:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    I remember now, Age Equivalent Running Results Calculator. So 3:16 beats your PB of sub 3.

     
  • At Thu Apr 20, 04:11:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    I guessed it was your HR charts.

    Enjoying 'more details'.

    To answer blues buffett... Gold Coast is as close to dead flat as you can get although it can be warm and/or windy on a bad day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home