Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, April 21, 2006

Thursday 6.5k @ HR 145 Pace 4:58

6.5k 32:19. HR Avg 145 Max 165 Avg Pace 4:58
Course: Along Gap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 7:45 am Temp 25C.
Session Type: Sub 75%MxHR Easy Run

Getting up at 4:45 am two mornings in a row to watch The Champion's League First Leg Sem-Finals, left me feeling a bit tired last night so left my run till this morning. Another easy run. I'm still shaking off my sore throat so won't go to hard until that is cleared up.

Afterwards, I went up to watch Delta in her school cross country. She hadn't done as much training as last year but still came fourth which was a credible effort.

Entered for the Brisbane Half Marathon today. It is a bit too soon after Canberra to expect too much and $50 for a training run seems a bit stiff but in the end I thought it was best to support the event.

Thanks to those people who left such encouraging comments about my GC target time. Myself I think it won't be that easy but I am going to give it the best shot I can.

5 Comments:

  • At Fri Apr 21, 08:42:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    Marathon and Easy are rarely seen in the same sentence.

    I went back to my Fade post in early March to see you were exactly on the 3:27 schedule. Not sure what all this means, but I'll continue the research.

    What will be your training pace to achieve the 3:16?

     
  • At Sat Apr 22, 06:48:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    You'll run well, Graham...I say so!

     
  • At Sat Apr 22, 07:37:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    Robert Song you are getting me thinking about whether maybe there might yet be a Marathon PB in me. You are talking about a 4:40 pace. My Canberra pace was 4:46. I am finding it hard to imagine cutting 6 secs from my pace because in Canberra I was absolutely spent at the finish. I would love to join you in the 3:16 quest though.

     
  • At Sat Apr 22, 07:47:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Go Delta!

    By the way Graham, thanks for that age calculator link. It shows that if I can do the sub-20 5k it's equivalent to 18:07 when at my peak. Quite a challenge.

     
  • At Mon Apr 24, 07:36:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Congrats to Delta! Wonder how she would have done she trained as hard as last year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home