Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday 6.5k @ HR 140 Pace 5:06

6.5k 33:13. HR Avg 140 Max 151 Avg Pace 5:06
Course: Gap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 6:15 am Temp 23C.
Session Type: Easy Run

In an attempt to get used to early starts, I went for a run a 6:15 am this morning. A nice easy run but it was very humid and I was drenched in sweat afterwards. A least the cold in Canberra will be better than this for performance.

6 Comments:

  • At Thu Apr 06, 11:45:00 am AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    Another disgusting humid morning!

    I am having fears about running in Canberra though - not used to the COLD like that!!

     
  • At Thu Apr 06, 02:21:00 pm AEST, Blogger Eagle said…

    Robert hope to catch up with you on the weekend - I expect to start with the 3.30 group and see how I go. May get back in 3.20 at best or a lot lot worse. At least the weather should not be an issue. Cold is fine once you warm up. The heat and humidy - well that is bad at the start and can get no better.

     
  • At Thu Apr 06, 07:44:00 pm AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    Good luck with this weekend's run. Seems like you're well prepared.

    ...I guess you and Chappelli have something in common...

     
  • At Thu Apr 06, 11:32:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm sure you'll run really well in the change of climate, Graham; don't take any notice of what's being said about cold conditions. I think it's meant to scare the runners from up north! Hope I don't miss seeing you at the weekend, unless you've left for home by the time I finish!

     
  • At Fri Apr 07, 09:10:00 am AEST, Blogger R2B said…

    You'll be fine when you warm up.
    Have an enjoyable run!

     
  • At Fri Apr 07, 04:38:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    The only danger will be running too fast trying to keep warm! But, you're too experienced to do that.

    See you Saturday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home