Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday 9k @ HR 156 Pace 4:30

9.5k 42:31. HR Avg 156 Max 169 Avg Pace 4:30
Course: Work to Sydney St Ferry and Back.
Start Time: 5:25 pm Temp 25C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

I've done any Eddie and have done more than I should have but I have a good excuse.

The plan was to go out at MP of 4:50. A very nasty storm with lightning and hail passed through just after 4:15pm but had cleared by 5:00pm. From the BOM Radar map, it looked like there would be enough time to sneek my run in before the next rain arrived.

So headed out at a my planned pace. It had been very hot through out the day and I thought the storm may of cooled things down but it was still very warm and extremely humid. (How can you go from this weather to running in 2 degrees?? ). After about 3k it became obvious things were turning nasty as the skies darkened. So I picked up the pace a little and turned around in 21:23 (HR 148). Coming back , the lightning now was more obvious and getting closer. Coming back through New Farm Park a bolt of lightning was close as there was virtually no delay between the flash and the thunder. Seemed to pick the pace up another notch after that.

It didn't get any closer but it now proceeded to bucket down for the rest of the run.
Back in 21:08 (HR 164) and for an avg pace of 4:30. A bit faster than I wanted but I just wanted to get back to work.

I was wearing my race shoes, so I hope they dry out in time for Sunday.

4 Comments:

  • At Tue Apr 04, 10:43:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    I can't believe you were out there in that - it was scary enough watching it out the window at work!

    We will forgive you this time for not sticking to the pgm. But no excuse will be good enough before the Gold Coast, okay!

     
  • At Wed Apr 05, 08:47:00 am AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    It was nasty weather yesterday and it looks like another day of it today.

    If you don't wear them again for a day or two the shoes should dry out.

    Can't believe we are only 4 sleeps away...

     
  • At Wed Apr 05, 04:50:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Down here it will be beautiful one day and perfect the next. ;-)

    A bit windy today though. It'll warm up quickly on Sunday - maybe mid-teens by 10am.

     
  • At Wed Apr 05, 08:25:00 pm AEST, Blogger R2B said…

    That shows dedication,
    well done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home