Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday 37k @ HR 141 Pace 5:21

37.0k 3:18:26. HR Avg 141 Max 155 Avg Pace 5:21
Course: Home to Bowen Bridge and then Gap Cycle.
Start Time: 5:15 am Temp 21C.
Session Type: Long Run

Out the door by 5:15 am this morning. It was overcast but not raining but decided against taking my music player. It was a cool 21C which was nice. Got to Bowen Bridge in just over 66 minutes (Hr 135) and turned to head back. Looking out toward The Gap it was not a good site as it was obviously raining. It didn't take long to set in as it was powered along by some forceful winds. I struggled all the way back home into the wind and rain and managed 69:31 (HR 144). By this stage I was drenched through and sloshing around in my shoes. Stopped for my drink and contemplated changing my socks and shoes but given how hard it was raining I figured there wasn't much point. Headed out for the 11k circuit along the bike path. There are a lot of trees along the path which acted as a bit of a barrier to the wind (but not the rain)This made it a bit more pleasent. As I ran the last couple of hundred metres towards home the rain eased up and stopped.

I certainly prefer the rain then being drenched in one's own sweat as it has been like over summer.

This made for 103.2 K for the week. This is the most is I have ever run in a week. The most pleasing aspect is that when I set out my training program in August last year for this year's Gold Coast Marathon, I had my first 100k week scheduled for March. So I am right on track.

Week Total 103.2K
March Total 81.4K
YTD 661.7K

3 Comments:

  • At Sun Mar 05, 03:17:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    A good run and a good week Robert. You can send some of that rain down here... it's so bloody dry!

     
  • At Sun Mar 05, 05:01:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Congrats on cracking the ton! And what a way to do it, at times it was horrendous out there this morning.

    I love the way the rain stopped when you were 200m from home :-)

     
  • At Sun Mar 05, 05:17:00 pm AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    A lot of miles there Robert...hope you are saving something for the half marathon at BRRC next Sunday.

    Isn't it great when you realise you are actually following 'the plan' and it is all coming together so well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home