Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thursday 30min Bike Intervals

30:00. HR Avg 122 Max 148
Course: Gym.
Start Time: 5:30 pm.
Session Type: Gym Bike.

Tonight I was feeling tired. Had got up at 1:30 am to watch the Asian Cup Qualifier Australia V Bahrain (which we won 3-1)and then after a couple of hours sleep was up again to watch the Champions League match Chelsea v Barcelona. Heaven help us when we have to play against Brazil and Ronaldinho at the World Cup.

So come run time, I decided to do an Eddie and jump ruts and try a Bike session in the gym. Last year, leading up to Gold Coast I did a session like this once or twice a week mainly to protect my dodgy knees and was planning to start them next month but today seemed a good day to start.

Tonight's session was 5 minutes warm up, then 20 minutes of 30 seconds hard and 90 seconds steady, followed by a 5 minute warm down. It always amazes me how hard I have to pedal on the bike to get my Heart Rate up to any respectable level.

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Feb 23, 09:21:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    I hope you are planning to take leave from work during the World Cup!

    Great idea for a change of training. I agree with you on trying to get the heart rate up, its so much easer to do running.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home