Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday Recovery Run.

7.0k 39:13. Avg Pace 5:25
Course: Work to New Farm Park and Back.
Start Time: 5:35 pm Temp 26C.
Session Type: Recovery Run

My legs were feeling a bit tight after yesterday so today's recovery run was nice and gentle. Forgot to bring my HR monitor strap to work. This is the only the second time I have not worn it for a run since I got it 18 months ago.

Have just finished watching the Games 5000m. What another great race after Sunday's women's marathon. Mottram certainly gave it his all but the Kenyan this time was too good.




Yesterday I learnt that one of my all time favourite artists Ali Farka Toure
had died. So I played his 1988 self titled album "Ali Farka Toure" in the car today. It also seemed appropriate to load his 1990 album "The River" on to my mp3 player as I do most of my working week runs along the path beside the Brisbane River and listened to it on my run tonight. I'll steadily go through all ten of his albums that I own. It is the least I can do.

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Mar 20, 10:34:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Thanks for the link, what a great story.

    Sounded like the perfect run, and music, to leave the HRM behind anyway.

     
  • At Tue Mar 21, 01:01:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    Ha! You are right Robert Song another "gift" certainly lurks in the dark side of my mind.

    Having read Clairie's and your reports of Sunday's run, I am feeling a tad lazy. Don't worry I am not going to attempt to make up for it over the next couple of weeks.

     
  • At Sat Mar 25, 06:46:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    All ten albums. I'll take a look.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home