Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Saturday with the kids

School cross country races are coming up soon, so the kids (except Dory) wanted to go and doing some running on the school track. When we got there they were playing cricket on the oval, so I got them to run about 800m out and back along the cycle path. Here is Delta, Kewell and Ducky lining up for their first run.




Kewell pushed Ducky all the way and she just pipped him in 4:39 and Delta was some 20 seconds behind. After a couple of minutes rest they did another and again Ducky just beat Kewell. Delta had a stitch so didn't do the third and I took her place. I kept just in front of Ducky and Kewell did not do quite so well and trailed out.

They all had enough and didn't want to do anymore. So after a short rest, we kicked the football and raced around chasing it for another hour! Go figure. I know I should be very wary of this activity because of the chance of picking up some niggly injury from all the lateral movements but I just can't resist.

Kewell's ball control
Ducky attempts to juggle

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home