Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Aussie Day Run

13.6k 1:08:48. HR Avg 151 Max 165 Avg Pace 5:03
Course: Two Laps Gap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 6:00am Temp 25C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

Going to a BBQ lunch today and with the Qld Roar playing tonight, I thought it best to run this morning. So got away at 6:00am. Is it just me or does it seems more humid in the morning then in the late afternoon?

A pretty easy run but the HR was a bit higher than I would have expected for just over 5min/ks. First lap in 34:03 and the second in 34:43.

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Jan 27, 12:20:00 pm AEST, Blogger R2B said…

    I am only 30 but i am yet to match your over 50's times!
    Good work,I'll have a crack at 5km in 20:30 in my next flat race and see if i can catch up?

     
  • At Fri Jan 27, 02:49:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Thanks for the link to that article Robert... quite interesting. Erin did very little long slow running. What impressed me on that particular day was the exaggeration in her slowness! She ran at slower than walking pace with tiny strides - probably 10mins per km.

    Her lack of mitochondria didn't prevent her from being a very fast middle distance runner. By the way, her 'retirement' was due to teenage issues as happens with many young runners.

     
  • At Fri Jan 27, 08:46:00 pm AEST, Blogger CJ said…

    Now that's a HR I can relate to!

    Thanks for the article link - haven't had a chance to check it out yet but hope to tonight.

    As for my knee, I did have a huge swelling there but obviously its now going down due to the discharge. Hopefully tit will all cleared up soon.

     
  • At Sun Jan 29, 04:35:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    I've taken to checking the Met Bureau site after most runs just to make sure I'm not imagining things - its definitely more humid in the mornings, in fact it seems to peak around 5:00 or 5:30.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home