Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, January 23, 2006

Back to (Runs from) Work

9.8k 45:05. HR Avg 154 Max 175 Avg Pace 4:35
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:30pm Temp 27C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

Finally out for a run. The first K felt very uncomfortable with my legs feeling quite stiff. I just eased into the run but by 10 minutes I was feeling loosened up and felt quite comfortable going around 4:25 to 4:30 pace. Turned around at Sydney St Ferry in 22:40 and quickly realised I'd had a nice tail breeze coming out, so it was bit tougher going back. I managed to stick with the 4:30 pace and at least the headwind was helping to cool me down a little. Managed to come back in 22:24 for a satisfying return to running.

All the wounds held up well and gave me no problem on the run or after. Must say the two on my lower arm look gross. Still very swollen which I believe is a lot of internal bruising and very red but not painful. Luckily I can't get a good look at the ones on my back but they seem much better.

6 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 23, 11:27:00 pm AEST, Blogger R2B said…

    woohoo!
    back to running! thats awesome congratulations!

     
  • At Tue Jan 24, 09:28:00 am AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    First day back into running and doing 4:30pace!!! Holy moly. You are going to be on fire shortly. Might start giving that 10km PB (over 50) a nudge this year.

     
  • At Tue Jan 24, 11:42:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    I like the way you call that an 'easy run'! Not sure how you cope running at that pace in 27 degrees.

    Glad the wounds are holding up.

     
  • At Tue Jan 24, 11:53:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Whoops, meant to add, thanks for the request. I love that song and have added to my playlist - I'll try to ensure it comes on around 3am.

    And re Daniel Johnston covers vs originals .... depends on my mood. Sometimes I love the raw sound and pain in his voice of the originals. Other times I prefer the polished versions. What about you?

     
  • At Tue Jan 24, 10:01:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    You've been having a rough time, Robert Song! Sorry you've had such a time with skin cancers, but my goodness, you're back in the groove quickly - 4:30 pace! Hope you continue to heal well. A lesson to be learned there for all of us!

     
  • At Tue Jan 24, 10:02:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    You've been having a rough time, Robert Song! Sorry you've had such a time with skin cancers, but my goodness, you're back in the groove quickly - 4:30 pace! Hope you continue to heal well. A lesson to be learned there for all of us!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home