Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tuesday Recovery Run - Easy Skanking

6.8k 35:13. HR Avg 135 Max 149 Avg Pace 5:10
Course: Gap Cycle.
Start Time: 7:45am Temp 28C.
Session Type: Recovery Run

One of the advantages from being bowled over by the conditions in Sunday's run was that it was not as draining on my legs as it could have been. So I was feeling pretty good yesterday and this morning have just gone out for a gentle recovery run of 35:13.

I am now on holidays for the next five weeks, so have to decide when I will be running AM or PM. I think I'll try for the mornings as I find it better to get it out of the way if I am going to busy throughout the day with the family. I was lucky this morning as it was not too hot at 7:45 when I started but if I am going to go out in the morning I will have to get up quite a bit earlier than that. Which in turn will mean going to bed way earlier.

The best news is that I have my music player back!!!! Well a brand new one as it was replaced under warranty. It is all loaded up and I used it this morning's run. I listened to a recently released compilation of Reggae music as played by the London pirate radio station The Dread Broadcasting Corporation that operated in London in the early 80s. Bought back some great memories and the perfect soundtrack for an easy run. As they say "You must be crazy if you don't like the reggae beat".

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Dec 13, 05:47:00 pm AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    Great to see your recovery is just that Robersong :)

    BTW I think you should get up super early, run, shower and hop back into bed. How wonderful is that?

    Best thing - you can take your wife a cup of tea and the paper for her to wake up smiling too :)

    Seriously I just love getting up on Saturdays or hols and doing an early run but then making up for lost sleep by having a nanny nap. I still am up after the second sleep before my teenagers!!

     
  • At Tue Dec 13, 06:25:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Great to hear you have the music machine back, I'm always keen to hear what you are listening to.

    You'll be happy to know Fela Ransome-Kuti kept me entertained at the gym this arvo :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home