Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, October 24, 2005

Bat out of Hell

14.9k 1:21:10. HR Avg 135 Max 148 Avg PAce 5:27
Course: Work to Riverside Centre and Back.
Start Time: 5:10 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Easy Run

There was a lot of dark clouds brewing late this afternoon but a check of the BOM radar picture looked like the storms would by-pass the centre of Brisbane at least for the next hour. Got outside and the wind was extremely gusty. This was mostly behind me going out and I pushed into it coming back. I was determined tonight to stick close to the HR 135 level. I have been guilty of drifting out of this zone lately and find I have to concentrate quite hard to slow down and achive this level. Out in 38:38 (HR 136) and back in 42:42 (HR 134). So amvery happy about that.

It was just getting dark as I was coming back through New Farm Park by the river and the head wind was strong. The lightning was starting to get closer and constantly lighting up the sky. To my right a long column of a couple hundred flying foxes was battling hard against the headwind making there way down river making for a memorable running moment. Managed to get back to work safely but would not have liked to have been out there much longer.

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 25, 08:03:00 am AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    Hello Robert Song. I don't mind running in the rain but lightning scares me a little.
    I opened my blog this morning and upon seeing there was 1 comment I thought I bet that is Robert Song.

    Thanks for your faithful reading and commentary Robert Song.

     
  • At Tue Oct 25, 10:57:00 am AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Getting some storms here too Robert Song, though not as threatening as up your way. Thanks for your help in getting the Polar software finally 'up & going'!

    Now I'm working my way through the "How To" section of "Help" to find out how to read it all....I think it's great stuff but I've a lot to learn before I fully, if ever, understand everything!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home