Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wednesday Easy Run

24.8k 2:16:30. HR Avg 135 Max 148 Avg Pace 5:30
Course: Work to Riverside Centre then Work to Sydney St Ferry.
Start Time: 5:20 pm Temp 21C.
Session Type: Long Run

Am trying out doing my Long Run on Wednesday night. Got away a little later than I would have liked so it has turned into a late evening. At work on Wednesday's I do a release of changed computer programs from the development environment to the test environment. I usually bundle the release, install it and set a compile going and head off for my run. The compile time is dependent on how many changes have been done and can vary from 30 mins to six hours. Generally if it is completed by the time I get back, I can check for errors and make up a client package for the testers so it will be all go when they get in next morning. This takes around forty minutes. But doing the long run adds another hour to the run time (ie my running not the program execution ( sorry a bit of a computer joke)) and so I haven't got home till 9:00pm tonight. Makes for a late dinner. I will have to get away earlier in future.

Anyway the run tonight went really well. Again I concentrated really hard on keeping the Heart Rate around 135. I survived without my music. In fact, I think it helps me to keep my mind on pacing better as I don't tend to wander off mentally.

Yesterday, I had an appointment with a podiatrist as I was concerned about pain I have been getting in my right foot over the last three weeks. Oddly, it never worries me running and is always worse first thing in the morning especially after a rest day. He was stumped as to what the problem is but noticed I had painful joint capsules between the toes and metatarsals. Unfortunately this is on both feet but I only have trouble on the right. Sent me for some X-Rays and I have to take Voltaren tablets for two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home