Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Destiny Fulfilled

14.8k 1:0810. HR Avg 157 Max 166 Avg Pace 4:36
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 4:45pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

Got away a little earlier tonight because I had to be home in time for the BIG Match tonight.
Maybe it was all the nervous energy but it was a great run tonight. Out in 33:13 (HR 155) and back in 34:57 (159). I hadn't run this course at this target HR 155 for nearly three weeks and I was 3min 39 secs faster tonight than last time. Very pleasing.

But not as pleasing as the absolute brilliant display by the Socceroos tonight.

WE ARE ON THE WAY TO THE WORLD CUP. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

What an emotional roller coaster of a game. I cried at the end of the match much to the amusement of my three daughters. Pity Kewell fell asleep in the second half and wasn't there to share it with me. I have the penalty shoot out taped and will go through it with him in the morning. I am so happy. Lets hope now we draw England in the Group stage and pull off an historic first ever World Cup win against them.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home