Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, August 19, 2005

Friday LSD

25.9k 2:17:36. HR Avg 141 Max 155
Course: Work - Riverside-Floating Walway.
Start Time: 5:00 pm Temp 16C.
Session Type: Long Slow Run

This morning was the funeral for the father of one of my boys in my U8 soccer team. He was just 38 and died from a heart attack last weekend. Sadly it takes events such as this to put ones life into perspective.

For tonights long run, I started out with John for the first 5k, then by myself to the end. Legs felt much better than last Sunday. This may have been due to the flatter nature of this course. In fact the legs showed little signs of tiredness as the run went on. Managed to average 5:18 pace.

Rest day tomorrow and last game of soccer for the season.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Aug 20, 05:34:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Daily SearchCast #11: Mamma Loves Copernic, iVillage Loves Yahoo Ads, ...
    Today's search podcast covers Mamma seeking again to buy Copernic, Mark Cuban threatening to ban Google-hosted blogs because of spam, Yahoo winning iVillage away from Google as an ad partner, a click fraud case ...
    Are you enjoying your blog?

    I' thinking of staring one as well for my site health care

     

Post a Comment

<< Home