Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Down and Out

Last Monday, My Wife was still not feeling well so instead of running after work as I had planned, I went home to do some grocery shopping, prepare dinner and taxi the girls to dance classes so she could rest. All of which I did but by 9:00pm I started to feel a headache and a temperature coming on and went and laid down in bed.

And that is where I have basically been since. On Tuesday and Wednesday no amount of panadol or nurofin seem to get rid of the headache. I was either too hot or too cold. My chest ached. It was excruciatingly painful to cough. On Thursday, I went to the doctors and he suspected pneumonia and ordered a chest Xray and put me on antibiotics. Another bad night Thursday. Back to doctors Friday and the Xray results confirm his diagnosis.

It is now mid Saturday morning, and I am starting to recover. No panadol as yet today. I suppose being well enough to make this entry is a good sign. It was staggering how rapidly I went down. Doctor says recovery from pneumonia can be slow, so have to be taking it easy for quite a while yet.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home