Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Pre-Race Day prearation

This morning I have pinned my number on my CoolRuner's singlet. I have attached the timing chip to my right shoe. I have changed the battery in my Polar 625 Foot Pod and re-attached it to my left shoe. I have packed my pre-race bag and post-race bag with what I'll need. As I will be driving from Brisbane down to the Gold Coast on Sunday morning, I plan to get up at 4:00 am and have a light breakfast , wake the family up at 4:30 (they are all coming) and herd them into the car and leave. I have set my absolute lastest leaving time as 4:45 am which should give me an arrival time of just after 6:00 at the start area. Just enough time to have a toilet stop and get a good position at the starting line.

The only other thing to do today, is go to the Lions verse Melbourne match tonight with Dory. This is the main reason I'm not staying down the Coast for the weekend. It may have been a better preparation but you've got to make the sacrifices for the team. I really don't believe it will have too much impact on my performance. Unless of course it is a nail biter.

Looks like the weather has cleared up and lets hope it doesn't get too warm and humid escpecially for all those 3 hour plus marathoners who have to bear the brunt of the adverse conditions.

Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home