Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, July 15, 2005

Friday Night Long Run

22.3k 2:04. HR Avg 131 Max 152
Course: Work to Sydney St Centre and Back, then Home.
Start Time: 4:35 pm Temp 16C.
Session Type: Long Run

The car is back in the dealers, so no car tonight. So decided to run home from work. To make it into a longer run, I did the 10k by the river first and then the 12.5km home.

Aiming for my long runs to be no higher then 135 HR. Which I was able to do at around 5:30 pace. The run home certainly made me appreciate how peaceful it is running on the path by the river with no traffic to contend with. The run home was punctuated by many stops at lights to cross Ann St, Lutwyche Rd, Kelvin Grove Rd and Jubliee Tce. Also the last hills up Waterworks Rd into The Gap make for a tough finish to a long run. Actually got a bit cold towards the end when there was a steady head wind. Maybe I should wear a T-shirt rather than a singlet for these long runs through winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home