Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, July 08, 2005

Friday Race?

9.6k 52:01. HR Avg 131 Max 160
Course: Work To Sydney St Ferry and Back.
Start Time: 4:40 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Easy Run

First day since Sunday's race that the legs have not felt sore. Was plannning just another easy run tonight. John and I had two new people join the run from work tonight. Sam who did 7k and Katie. Katie is the new Personal Trainer at the Work Gym and John and she expressed an interest in doing the Noosa Half so she came and joined us.

The first half was 27:10 and the return in 24:51. Katie just kept picking up the pace the whole way through (which I was comfortable with but it pushed John quite hard) and she sprinted off for the last 400m. Until the last couple of years I have never run much with other people except My Wife in the early 80s. This treating a training run as a race has happened a few times now when novice runners from work have joined the runs and it amuses me. But Katie showed a lot of potential and has got the style and determination to run a good time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home