Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Tuesday Easy Hill Training

9.2k 47:36. HR Avg 153 Max 169
Course: Home to Jubilee Tce and Back.
Start Time: 6:30 pm Temp 19C.
Session Type: Hill Run

Legs still feeling a little tight after Sunday's run. Jumped up and back to catch a ball at football training tonight and felt a twinge in my back. So decided the run tonight would be an easy one. Out in 23:42 and back in 23:54. Suprised the time was 2 minutes faster than last Tuesday night. Must have taken it real slow that night. Back still feels stiff after finishing but didn't bother me whilst running. Must be careful at footy training the next few weeks, as it is the most likely place I'll pick up a serious injury.

The photos from Sunday's run are now available. I was horrorfied at how bad I looked. Seem to have a tilt to the right and a slouching forward in all four shots. Must pay more attention to my form. They used to say if you wanted to know how you would look in twenty years time, then take a picture of yourself at the end of a marathon. It now looks like this applies to the half as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home