Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Rare Lunchtime Run

5.9k 25:07. HR Avg 169 Max 182
Course: Work to Powerhouse and Back.
Start Time: 1:10 pm Temp 25C.
Session Type: Hard Run

With soccer training tonight, and having to look after the kids while My Wife is out tonight, there would be no time for a run tonight so I decided on a lunchtime run.

It was a pretty hard effort. Out in 12:29 and back in 12:38 for an avg 4:15 pace.

I planned to take it easy at soccer training, but ended up running around with the ball more than usual. Hope I don't pay for it tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At Wed May 25, 08:22:00 am AEST, Blogger Chelle said…

    Just been reading through your blog - really interesting, LOADS of detail too!

    In answer to your question on my blog, my recent runs have been done with Elephunk (Black Eyed Peas) Though I'm looking for inspiration for more albums for my GC half :)

     
  • At Wed May 25, 07:10:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks, Robert, for your kind comment on my blog after Sunday's half marathon; I can just about put the Canberra disaster in the background now....almost! And now to get ready for the Gold Coast marathon; really excited about it & hoping it won't be too hot on the day; I notice the temp. you have on your blog for today is 25C..no wonder it was a hard run! Here a top of 19C!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home