Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday Riverside Really Rainy Run

9.4k 48:11. HR Avg 146 Max 170
Course: Work to Sydney St Ferry and Back.
Start Time: 4:35pm Temp 19C.
Session Type: Tempo Run

Started out with John and Rod. At around the 2k mark it started to bucket down which it kept up for the rest of the run. Rod was still feeling it from Wednesday's run and turned around at 3.5k. Turned at half way in 26:32 (5:42m/k). I wanted to step up the pace for the return and quickly left John behind (not exactly eating my dust as my shoes were absolutely full of water). Passed Rod with about a K to go. Did the return in 21:39 (4:38m/k) and considering the conditions was pleased with that.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat May 14, 11:44:00 am AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    Hi Robert Song. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am gradually getting back after Canberra and enjoying doing it my way.

    Running in light rain is good. when heavy rain fills your shoes..not so good. It didn't seen to hamper you too much though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home