Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Back on track

My first post since Gold Coast. Things have not gone well since then or else I would have posted earlier.

Technology has been taking its revenge on me and in a concerted push has seem our digital camera , printer, two televisions and home computer all give up the ghost recently. So I have been without Net access from home for most of the last two weeks.

How do you interpret the beep codes from your motherboard when it fails and the manual tells you to go the web address? Just six months ago I had two home PCs, mine and one for the rest. Mine died at Christmas and I haven't resurrected it yet. The other computer died soon after getting back from the Gold Coast and after much hassle I have got it working again with a new hard drive. Luckioy I got to rescue most of the data on the old one. Also there has been 2 matches of Asian Cup football to watch each night, so fixing the computer has been somewhat of a background task.

So I have a lot of catching up to do.

As for recovery from the GC, my biggest problem was the toe nail on my right second toe. It won't go black because I did the poke the needle in to drain the blood trick on it but it was still sore the first week each time I went for even an easy run. But it is OK now, and I guess it is 50/50 if it will shed completely.

Still over the moon about the marathon result and really excited about next year. Wish I could say the same about the Socceroos performance so far.

7 Comments:

  • At Fri July 20, 07:17:00 am AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    Lets hope the Socceroos can make it back on track as well.

     
  • At Fri July 20, 09:24:00 am AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    welcome back stranger.
    good to see the passion for more is tehre after such a great acheivement at GCM.
    snap - still have a black toe form GCM (same one as you) although it's all for show by now.
    see you soon - B2B? Noosa? Twba?

     
  • At Fri July 20, 09:59:00 am AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Yes, welcome back Robert Song. Computer problems are almost as frustrating as running injuries, aren't they?

    I'm looking foward the the Australia Japan game too, they both need to pick up their games.

     
  • At Fri July 20, 02:59:00 pm AEST, Blogger TD said…

    Good to see you back, too. Hope you and the technology remain on track.

     
  • At Fri July 20, 09:06:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    see, i was following you just fine until you got to the part about poking a hole. LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALLALAL...

    I'M NOT LISTENING!

    nail and quick pain are one of my sympathy pains i can't watch or read about. LALALALLALA

    NOT LISTENING.

     
  • At Fri July 20, 09:37:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Bloody computers - can't live with them, can't live without them.

    Katy, you are a girly-wuzz! I've heard that drilling a hole works better.

     
  • At Fri July 20, 10:13:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Whew, for a while there I thought you might have hung up the running shoes.

    I know how you feel, both my heaters died. Any other winter I wouldn't have cared.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home