Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, May 14, 2007

And by the time I'm sober I've forgotten what I had and everybody tells me it is cool to be a cat

On Friday night an old friend of mine, actually he is the same age as me but I have known since University days, was getting married (again). It was a 5:00pm wedding so no chance of a run that night.

But given the chance to shake the hips and party, I took the opportunity and managed a solid ninety minutes on the dance floor. Last one standing in fact. Probably what helped was that I wasn't drinking. I haven't been drinking since January so as to get down to a racing weight of 67 kg. I don't get out that much but when I do it amazes me how much some people can actually drink and not fall over. I know I would if I attempted to do it!

After a couple of beers I would expect to feel relaxed.



Three beers and I definetly have to lie down for a stretch.





Four beers and it is time for sweet dreams.

If I get to five beers it could have only been done with the help of friends.


Six beers and I just lie down and sleep where ever I can.


Drink anymore than this and your mates could just start playing tricks on you and you could find yourself waking up down The Valley naked shaved and chained to a post.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home