Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday - don't let the sun goes down on me

9.5k 45:53. HR Avg 148 Max 157 Avg Pace 4:49
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:25 pm Temp 21C.
Session Type: Easy Run

I would normal do a very easy run on a Monday night, and I headed out tonight with that in intention. It is now almost dark at around 5:30pm, so I have trouble checking my Heart Rate while running (unless I wear my glasses which I don't like doing). After a couple of K, I suspected I was going a bit harder than my target of HR 135 but I was feeling very relaxed and so decided to just keep at that pace while it still remained comfortable.

So it turned out to be a rather quick easy run at 4:49 pace but I very pleased it felt so easy. Out in 23:03 (142) back in 22:50 (153).

3 Comments:

  • At Tue May 15, 09:51:00 am AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Hey Robert Song

    That title is similar to the new Micheal Jackson, Elton John collaboration "Don't let your son go down on me."

    By the way funny drunk cat post.

    Also you might end up thinking that pulling out of Canberra was a good thing cause you're looking good now and might be really ready come early July.

    Good luck with it.

     
  • At Tue May 15, 09:21:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    Canberra?

    I forgot .... only the next race counts!

     
  • At Wed May 16, 09:07:00 am AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    wish i could negative split all my training sessions like you do RS. very consistent. no mention of pain either which sounds like still on track!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home