Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday - some cool relief

15.3k 1:19:19 HR Avg 149 Max 170 Avg Pace 5:10
Course: Ashgrove Cycle Path.
Start Time: 6:15 am Temp 25C.
Session Type: Easy Run

After it being so hot yesterday and especially last night, I was not looking forward to this mornings run. It was with great relief to wake up and find it a little cooler.
As well there was a nice breeze which helped make running easier as well.

It would have been a good Sunday for a long run but it was only 15k for me today. I will be doing a long run Tuesday morning before flying down to Sydney.

Today I was out in 39:11 (145) and back in 40:05 (153).

Week Total: 72.7 K
Jan Total: 299K

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Jan 28, 02:07:00 pm AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    Don't you just hate it when there's no water? That's why I always have a Fuelbelt, for any runs 10k or more.
    Hope you enjoy Penrith. If you have time for a run, the Penrith Lakes is a great spot: 5k flat loop around the Regatta course.

     
  • At Sun Jan 28, 07:37:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    To cooler morning was certainly a great relief Robert Song. I still consumed litres of water though.

    Well done on anohter excellent week of running. Enjoy Sydney.

     
  • At Mon Jan 29, 08:21:00 am AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    Geez Graz, one more k to get 300 for the month!
    Thanks for your help on the html tables etc. I'll have a go at it and beg for help from Hannah if i bomb out.
    Safe travels to Syd. I'm off to Melb this weekend.

     
  • At Mon Jan 29, 07:31:00 pm AEST, Blogger Mat said…

    Nice run. Lucky for the slightly cooler conditions. The average of 5:10 almost sounds like a medium not and easy run :-) (for me anyway)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home