Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday - early again

11.0k 56:42. HR Avg 148 Max 162 Avg Pace 5:09
Course: Gap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 6:20 am Temp 23C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

Another morning run. Didn't want it to be too strenuous as I am doing a long run tomorrow morning. But I felt fine so was able to push it a little without raising the HR too much. This is a good sign and shows that my aerobic fitness continues to improve.

At the start of the new year, I had a clear out on my music player and deleted most of the albums on there and loaded up some new albums to listen to.
They were Lagos No Shaking - Tony Allen, Oceans Apart - The Go-Betweens, The Rough Guide to West African Gold - Various Artists, Tropicalia - Various Artist (A compilation of songs from the Tropicalia movement from late 60s in Brazil) and Thakk - Sigor Rios (from Iceland). The first four have been good listening especially the Tony Allen but I am skirting around Thakk at the moment. Maybe tomorrow morning will be a good time to give it another spin.

I have lots of spare space on my player, which is handy as today I received my latest order of music from CD Roots. It included Golden Afrique Vol 3, Bembeya Jazz National (The Syliphone Years); No 1 de No 1 by Star Band No 1 and The Lost Album by Salif Keita & Kante Manfila. The prospect of experiencing that lot makes me want to load them all up now and go out for a very very long run.

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 29, 08:56:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Where would we be without our mp3 players to keep us company on long runs. I was going to say I don't know how I survived before they were invented but then I remembered I used to run with a Sony Walkman.

    Don't run too far :-)

    Hope you get to squeeze in some kms in Sydney.

     
  • At Mon Jan 29, 08:59:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    I'll get one of those one day - when I get sick of listening to Steve, CJ, John, Chris, Kathy...

    I hope the long run goes well and the weather stays 'cool'. 23-25C sounds manageable.

     
  • At Tue Jan 30, 03:22:00 pm AEST, Blogger Mat said…

    Nice run. Remind me to never try and keep up with you.

    Hehe. I get your mp3 dilemma. My mp3 remembers that last track that its played, so I can just let it go from one run to the next. It takes me about 6-10 weeks before it get back to the start track again.

    I'm sure you'll work it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home