Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday - The Biggest Month

6.8k 34:16. HR Avg 140 Max 149 Avg Pace 5:02
Course: Work to New Farm Park.
Start Time: 6:25 pm Temp 25C.
Session Type: Easy Run

I flew back into town this afternoon. From outside Penrith to work takes just over four hours. Most of it sitting down. So it was good to go out and have an easy run to stretch the legs tonight.

After the water tap at riverside being fenced off last week, tonight saw my usual path round the Powerhouse by the river fenced off due to the reconstruction work on the Powerhouse. I now have to go the short way round. I guess it is shorter by 20-30m which adds upto 40-60m counting there and back. One of the benefits of always running the same course is that you can compare times accurately. I will now be around 15 - 20 seconds quickier on this new course. I believe the contruction will be going on for many months.

The best part of tonight's run was that it took me to 341.8K for the month. That is a new all time record for me beating the 339K in March 2006. With February being a short month, I will hopefully be giving that record another shake in March.

4 Comments:

  • At Thu Feb 01, 09:36:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Brisbane seems to be one giant construction site at the moment doesn't it.

    Well done on the record mileage.

     
  • At Thu Feb 01, 04:09:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    That's a good number of kilometres. I hope it all pays off in April.

    I wish they'd fence off one corner of the AIS track, so I could get a fast '5000' metre time ;)

     
  • At Thu Feb 01, 06:48:00 pm AEST, Blogger Shane said…

    That is a massive month, nice going. I would be happy to get half that distance which hasn't occurred too often in the past year.

    Penrith hey, that was my stomping ground for the best part of my life.

    Might see you Sunday :-)

     
  • At Fri Feb 02, 03:36:00 pm AEST, Blogger Mat said…

    Wow, what a huge month. Well done Rob!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home