Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Long Run

25.0k 2:20:43 HR Avg 143 Max 171 Avg Pace 5:37
Course: To Bowen Bridge and Back.
Start Time: 5:00 am Temp 26C.
Session Type: Long Run

Another humid morning. Even leaving at 5 am you can't escape it. For the first time this summer, I found my socks completely drenched and I was sloshing around in shoes full of sweat for the last 5k. Despite this, it was a good run and the legs are now adapting to the work load.

Out in 70:11 (HR 137) and back in 70:32 (148). They are good splits as the return journey is basically up hill to home and historically the return leg is 2 to 3 minutes slower.

I am now off up the coast for an Australia Day party. Hope I stay awake for the drive and the party.

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Jan 26, 05:07:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    That's why I don't like driving after a run.

    They are good splits - you must be getting stronger. As for humidity, our 20-30% does sound better - especially when the Braidwood Doctor also arrives most afternoons.

     
  • At Sun Jan 28, 07:00:00 am AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    Hope you had a safe trip. Thanks for finding my blog, will watch.
    Great long run in the humidity and heat yesterday. Cool December seems to be long gone!

     
  • At Sun Jan 28, 07:02:00 am AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    are you able to help me? i would like to put tables into my blog for summarising training etc. is that easy to do?

     
  • At Sun Jan 28, 09:59:00 am AEST, Blogger TD said…

    26 degrees at 5 am is damn warm; an interesting contrast with the 9.7 we had in Canberra this morning. That was a tremendous effort for your long run too, with you and Ewen noting the good splits. It's an even better effort when you take those weather conditions into account.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home