Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Back to morning running

11.0k 55:38. HR Avg 156 Max 174 Avg Pace 5:03
Course: Gap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 6:00 am Temp 25C.
Session Type: Easy Run

I have had to juggle my schedule because of a few things happening over the next week, so it was a morning session today. Tomorrow we are off up the Coast for an Australia Day party and will be staying overnight. Next week I have to go to Penrith for work, so will be away Tuesday and back Wednesday. So I will do another run tomorrow morning hopefully 25K. I will then do another 25k run on Tuesday morning and so I will not have to worry about fitting in a run whilst away.

This morning it was again humid but slightly better conditions than late in the afternoon. The main difference is post run. When I run from work, I step back into an air-conditioned office to recover. This morning it took me a little while to realise, I needed to sit down in front of the fan to cool off.

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Jan 25, 04:23:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    The humidity was the killer this morn. It was the first time I've felt the need to jump in the pool at South Bank after our session.

    Happy Australia Day :-)

     
  • At Fri Jan 26, 09:55:00 am AEST, Blogger Mat said…

    The Gap hey. This is my stomping ground. I've probably crossed path with you while running around the Gap before. From the sound of it, you would have been the one the whizzed past ... quickly :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home