Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Sarturday 6.5K @ HR 139 Pace 5:06

6.5k 33:11. HR Avg 139 Max 149 Avg Pace 5:06
Course: Gap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 6:55 am Temp 147C.
Session Type: Easy Run

After my last run on Wednesday, I pulled up with a sore left hamstring the next day. I don't know where that came from. So I took a safety first approach and haven't run again till this morning, when I went out for a short easy run. The hammie felt OK, so hopefully that is the end of it.

I possibly could have gone out last night, but I was just too tired by the end of the day. I woke up at 2:20 am on Friday morning and couldn't get back to sleep as the excitement was building for the Socceroos match. So I got up and watched Ghana v USA. It was then the glorious Australia match. So by then end of the day, I was spent. Luckily this is all hapening in the taper. This would have to be the laziest and craziest taper I have ever done. It will be interesting to see how fresh I feel on race day. At the moment I am a bit of a walking zombie. Must get more sleep!!

As for the Socceroos, bring on Italy. If we can pull off a miracle there, I fancy our chance in a Quarter Final against Switzerland or Ukraine. Neither have played very well in the group stages. Then a much tougher S/F assignment against Argentina or Germany, before the Final against Ghana who have knocked Brazil out in the Round of 16. Let's dare to dream.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home