Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tagged

Speedygeoff has tagged Blog Team G. So here I go.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

I was just in the process of giving up on running after 15 years of competitive running. A chronic knee problem just got too much for me. I was competing in Veteran's events on the track (5k & 10k) mostly. My last race was a 17:43 5k. I had got into a very bad training regime of always running too fast. No training run was ever slower than 4 minute/K pace. Looking back now, it is easy to see why my knee never recovered.

I had three kids under 5 years old and was trying for number 4. I was living in the same place as now, and doing virually the same job.
I was listening to a lot of Wiggles music.


Five snacks I enjoy?

bananas
apples
grapes
cashews
bhuja

Five songs I know all the words to
Father and Son - Cat Stevens
Billericay Dickie - Ian Dury & the Blockheads
King's Lead Hat - Brian Eno
Rocky Raccoon - The Beatles
Helplessly Hoping - Crosby, Stills & Nash


Five things I’d do as a millionaire

Quit my Job
Buy a new house with five bedrooms, good soil for the garden and a sunny aspect
buy more CDs
go to the Football World Cup in 2006
go to the Cricket World Cup in 2007.
(May need to be a multi-millioaire to do all that.)

Five things I like doing (apart from running)
listening to music
gardening
cooking
reading
movies

Five favourite toys

My Music collection
My computers
My heart rate monitor (Polar 625x)
soccer ball
FIFA Football 2004 (PC game)

I will now tag Eddie Runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home