Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Wednesday Easy Run

11.1k 54:14. HR Avg 147 Max 163 Avg Pace 4:53
Course: Gap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 6:40am Temp 24C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

Today the aim was for a sub HR 155 run. This is a bit quicker than my normal easy run but still below my aerobic threshold. This meant I was 5 min 06 sec faster today at HR 147, over Monday's run at HR 136 on the same course.

My music player locked up just as I was finishing. I took the battery out and restarted it and it is playing fine but without any display. Guess I can live with that but I wonder if it is getting too hot and sweaty for it. Since I got it back I have been wearing it around my neck and placed inside my singlet rather than in the inside pocket of my shorts. I thought it may be cooler there but it might be more vulnerable to sweat also. May have to investigate a arm strap like they have for the iPod.

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Dec 21, 03:22:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Even though I have the splashproof case for my iPod at this time of year and if its raining to be doubley sure I stick it in a plastic bag as well. Guess there's not much you can do to protect the things against the heat though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home