Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Friday Bush Run

11.1k 1:06:39. HR Avg 133 Max 151 Avg Pace 6:00
Course: Jimna Bush run.
Start Time: 5:40 am Temp 18C.
Session Type: Easy Hilly Run

It certainly easy to get up early for a run when you have a dawn chorous of crows, kookaburras and cockatoos squawking away right next to your tent since sunrise. Left Thursday for a camping trip to Jimna which is up in the mountains 180k north west of Brisbane. It was lovely and cool compared to what we had left behind in Brisbane. Decided to run along the gravel road out of the campground up to the Jimna Fire Tower. We had driven in along this road, so I should have been prepared but was quite suprised at how uphill it was. On the way back detoured to check out the overflow camping area which was much further and hiller than I thought it would be and added another 3k to the run.

Got back and everyone was up and so had breakfast. We then went for a 60 minute walk along the creek. By the end of this I realised my legs were starting to stiffen up. Those hills had taken it out of them. My right hamstring was particularly sore.
Endured five hours of thunder storms and rain that night so was forced to stay in the tent.

Got home Saturday afternoon , just in time for another massive storm to hit Brisbane. Legs were still sore but My Wife gave my right leg a massage which did wonders.

Is is now Sunday morning and the legs are feeling much better. May try for a light jog this evening. Have downloaded the data from my run which says that I did 225m of acsent on the run. Doesn't sound much but the legs have been arguing that it was too much!

1 Comments:

  • At Sun Dec 18, 09:36:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Sounds like a fantastic break and a great run, even with the nasty hills. Not sure about camping with those storms raging around tho - yikes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home